Wrapping your furniture for a move can seem overwhelming if you haven’t done it before. But once you learn what you need to do, you’ll be surprised by how easy it is. Kitchen chairs in particular are one of the easiest pieces to prepare, and it only takes 5 steps. Read on to learn how to wrap a kitchen chair for your move.
How to Wrap a Kitchen Chair for Your Move
- Spread out the moving blanket flat on the ground. (It doesn’t matter which side is up.)
- Lay the chair right in the middle of the blanket with the back against the ground. Place it at a 45 degree angle, a corner of the blanket being at the top, bottom, and both sides of the chair.
- Take each side/corner of the blanket and fold it over the chair. Fold the top corner down and the bottom corner up. Pay attention to the order you fold in, as the next few steps ensure their security.
- Wrap tape around each of the front legs to prevent the blanket from sliding off.
- Once the front legs are wrapped, stand the chair up like you would normally. Tape from the bottom, under the seat, all the way over to the back of the chair to secure all the folds of the blanket.
Now your chair is wrapped and ready to be moved!
For a better visualization, be sure to check out our chair wrapping video before you get started:
If you’re hiring movers but are looking to cut costs as much as possible, preparing your furniture before the movers arrive could make the price of moving more budget friendly. Moving companies like Moving U & Junk U charge an hourly rate. Depending on how much furniture you have, wrapping it up without help from the movers could save a few hours from being added to your final bill.
When you’re ready to get a quote, give us a call or text at 484-301-2442 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll get an estimate together for you, factoring in the time you’d save if we don’t wrap any items for you. We’ll take care of all the heavy lifting while you save money on your move.